This hands-on Accountant position is the backbone of accounting for a small and growing AgTech company. This dynamic position is an excellent opportunity for an individual with solid financial accounting knowledge to obtain additional skills and grow with the company. This new position will be located at the company headquarters in Emeryville, California and reports to the Vice President, Finance and Operations. The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the activities listed below.
Financial Accounting (Main Responsibility)
- Ensure a seamless transition of all accounting activities from a third-party provider
- Code invoices for payment daily
- Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness
- Reconcile bank statements, debit cards and purchasing credit card
- Ensure integration across various cloud-based software
- Ensure compliance with GAAP, laws, regulations and policies
- Provide income tax support
- Prepare 1099s, property tax returns and use tax returns
Other Accounting Support:
- Provide reports and documents for audits
- Draft, maintain and revise accounting policies and procedures
- Provide support during the annual budgeting processes and monthly review of variances
- Assist in updating the monthly cash flow forecast
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and at least 2 years of financial accounting experience
- Resourceful, self-starter who can work independently and meet multiple deadlines
- High-level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Results-oriented and excellent problem-solving skills
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of internal controls
- Excellent software skills (e.g. QuickBooks Online, Excel) and a demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly
- Ability to travel. Expected to be less than 10% of time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Please send your resume and contact details as well as work eligibility – authorized to work lawfully in the United States to [email protected].