We are looking for an administrative assistant to play a key role in elevating the efficiency and effectiveness of our company’s day-to-day operations. The position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer, and will work closely with members throughout the organization. The role will be based in Emeryville, CA.
- Work closely to support the leadership team in Emeryville and Raleigh, NC.
- Manage multiple calendars, anticipate scheduling needs, and proactively resolve location or timing conflicts.
- Assist with PowerPoint presentations, and Microsoft/Google applications as needed.
- Coordinate and book travel: flights, hotels, ground transportation, event ticket purchases, etc.
- Plan and coordinate meetings, including setting up and overseeing virtual meeting technology (Uber Conference, Google Hangouts, Owl) and arranging food orders.
- Coordinate job candidate interviews: travel, agenda, calendar notifications, conference room scheduling and restaurant reservations.
- Enable streamlined day-to-day operations by ordering office supplies, preparing shipments, stocking the kitchen, overseeing kitchen cleanliness, and tracking administrative budgets.
- Coordinate team events, both onsite and offsite.
- Receive all external visitors with a smile.
- Develop processes to improve efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Manage special projects and oversee other administrative duties as requested.
- 3+ years of administrative work.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook and Google Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and external partners.
- Ability to support several managers.
- Reliable, self-starter who is motivated to perform at a high level.
- Collaborative team player dedicated to creating a positive environment.
- Highly flexible with evolving needs and priorities.
- Extremely organized, results and detail oriented, and able to follow through on projects and commitments with speed and efficiency.
- Demonstrated discretion and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
- Genuine interest in Sound’s mission to use science-based innovation to create a healthier and more sustainable food system.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Please send your resume and contact details to [email protected].