The Agronomy team carries the technical responsibilities within the commercial organization and is the main interface between R&D and Commercial. It supports the product development and commercial product expansion of Sound’s Product Portfolio and Pipeline.
The Agronomy team’s main responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring technical leadership in developing and transferring key knowledge to the sales organization and channel partners, creating confidence and credibility in our portfolio.
- Final testing and development of products, generally a couple of years before the product launches and then continued work through and after launch through a grower-based trial network
- Provide product insights to marketing, regulatory, R&D
- Support final product positioning with Product management
- Represent Sound in technical and commercial forums
The Agronomist reports to the Director of Agronomy and will help to define the vision and strategic direction for the Midwest assigned area. This will be accomplished by collaborating with the sale team help to realize the path forward.
- In collaboration with plan and execute a grower-based trial program that evaluates pipeline products of the Chemistry Crop Enhancement Platform to finalize value proposition, positioning and agronomic fit of those products.
- Utilize the trial program to demonstrate the value of Sound’s products in local grower production systems
- Assist sales organization with performance inquiries requiring advanced agronomic and product knowledge
- Contract and coordinate academic and crop consultant testing and research program
- Generate features and benefits data and associated support materials (handouts, presentations) in collaboration with marketing and sales teams.
- Ensure compliance with broad Federal and State regulatory requirements
- Ensure timely data collection and adequate data analysis
- Provide product and agronomic training for internal sales team and external channel partners
- Build strong working relationships with key influencers including academia, crop consultants, commodity/grower groups and others
- Identify and assess new technology-based business opportunities
- MS degree in agronomy, soil health, soil science or related disciplines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Hands on production experience with corn, soybean or other field crops
- Effectively demonstrate self-motivation, initiative, assertiveness, and results orientation
- Successfully work in a fast-paced changing environment
- Ability to successfully work in teams
- Strong people and communication skills
- Desire for long term career advancement (i. e. Research, Marketing or other areas)
- Good computer skills (i. e. Microsoft Office/Outlook) including Statistical Analysis tools.
- Willingness to travel and live/work in a rural environment
- Ability to lift 30 pounds if necessary
- Ability to pass a driving record background check (i. e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.).
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical.
- Ph. D. in agronomy, plant physiology, soil science or related discipline
- 5+ years experience preferred in agronomic sciences or a related field with emphasis on applied field research
- Familiar with start-up environment
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Please apply via LinkedIn.