Sound Agriculture is an innovator of bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Seed 2 Growth (S2G), Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Ventures.
The Customer Service Lead is accountable for supporting Sound’s customers throughout the purchase process and use of Sound’s products. The lead will play a critical role in ensuring the agreed customer service levels are met or exceeded. The role is expected to work closely with the sales organization and the Supply Planner.
The role reports to the VP of Manufacturing and Supply and is expected to be a remote position, with an option to work from Sound’s RTP North Carolina offices.
- Manage customer experience from the receipt of the order through the delivery of product
Act as voice of the customer within Sound
- Create robust, reliable processes and procedures for delivering an excellent customer experience
- Effectively manage established SLAs and Key performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Drive continuous improvement in the customer experience by creating, monitoring, and improving KPIs
- Work closely with sales, marketing, and supply organizations to meet customer needs
- Identify opportunities to improve customer experience
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Open and manage customer accounts including receiving and managing orders from growers and retailers and managing inquiries
- As required support off-hours customer service activities
Skills & Experience
- BS in business, agronomy or a related field
- Desired minimum 5 years-experience in industry and it is desirable to have experience in agriculture or a related field
- Previous customer service experience is required
- Data driven with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills to enable efficient resolution of customer complaints
- Collaborative, self-starting, customer focused individual with a focus on continuous improvement
- Detail oriented and well-organized
- Experienced in working with Salesforce and other customer support software
- Proficient in Google Suite
- This position will require up to 5% travel
Sound Agriculture is based in Emeryville, CA and Research Triangle Park, NC, with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
To apply for this position, please contact [email protected], attention: Customer Service Lead hiring manager.