Sound Agriculture leverages natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and to create differentiated, tastier, and more nutritious food. Sound is a recognized innovator of nutrient efficiency products and new plant breeding approaches. We are a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as Seed2Growth, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Ventures.
We are looking for a part-time Greenhouse Technician to help scale our nutrient efficiency and crop development efforts. The successful candidate will have a hands-on role in plant growth, maintenance, and recording data. The role will work as part of a team of plant and molecular biologists on a wide range of crops, including corn, soy, wheat, and specialty vegetables.
The Greenhouse Technician will report to a Research Scientist and will be based in our greenhouse space in Albany, California with occasional duties at our laboratory space in Emeryville, California.
- Establish and execute planting and plant care schedule, maintaining excellent organization
- Planting media and label preparation
- Perform plant maintenance tasks, such as transplanting, pruning, and scouting for plant health issues
- Support data collection with scientists and associates
- Maintain a clean and organized greenhouse and head house environment
Skills & Experience
- Ability to work 20 to 29 hours per week
- Knowledge or interest in plant propagation techniques
- Greenhouse experience preferred
- High attention to detail
- Enthusiasm about sustainable agriculture
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Sound Agriculture is based in Emeryville, CA and Research Triangle Park, NC, with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the science of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
To apply for this position, please contact [email protected], attention: Greenhouse Technician hiring manager.