Sound is an innovator of bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Ventures.
We are hiring a Senior Product Marketing Manager to lead our go-to-market efforts for our biostimulant platform. The role reports to VP Product Management and Marketing. In typical times, up to 25% travel is required.
- Own product marketing strategy and execution
- Establish and maintain detailed understanding of customers, competitors, and company dynamics within defined chemistry segments
- Build and manage the marketing mix (product, price, place, promotion) for biostimulant portfolio
- Create and execute segment, brand, and tactical plans for category offerings
- Lead annual go-to-market process for biostimulant portfolio including development of training materials, sales support, planning and support of key in-market events, and customer and stakeholder engagement
- Serve as primary Product Marketing contact for Sales, Agronomy, Communications, and other key internal stakeholders
- Provide Product Marketing leadership in development of marketing materials including collateral, website, email, etc.
- Represent Product Marketing with external stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or Master’s degree or similar a plus
- 3-5+ years of experience in product marketing, customer marketing, account management, consulting, or similar project-driven, outcome-oriented role
- Experience in agricultural inputs is a plus
- Comfort working across the organization from R&D to Sales
- Superb critical thinking skills, able to see the big picture, prioritize critical focus areas, and generate strategic options
- Excellent presentation skills and executive presence
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Able to develop a deep understanding in technical areas of chemistry and biology
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including facilitation of group presentations
- Drive to work hard, collaborate, and create winning solutions to challenging problems in fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for finding new ways to create healthier, tastier, and more sustainable food
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA and Research Triangle Park, NC, with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
To apply for this position, please contact [email protected], attention: VP Product Management and Marketing