Sound is an innovator of bio-inspired chemistry and plant genetics. We leverage natural plant diversity to grow crops more sustainably and create differentiated, nutritious food. Sound is a Series C startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture such as S2G Ventures, Fall Line Capital, Cultivian Sandbox Ventures, Cavallo Ventures and Syngenta Ventures.
We are hiring a Sales Executive to achieve maximum sales growth within an assigned territory, developing business plans and maintaining long-term retail relationships by effectively selling Sound’s solutions through retail partners to local growers. This position will be remote and 30% +/-travel The role reports to VP of Sales.
- Achieve sales goals and execute sales plans within an assigned sales territory and/or level of account(s)
- Generate new sales using existing and potential partner dealer networks
- Ensure grower retention and increased use of our Source product on their acres
- Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems, developing solutions, preparing reports, and making recommendations to leadership
- Act as the primary contact for all channel partners and retail accounts within the territory which includes developing and implementing annual business plans to influence end-user demand, roll out and manage retail and grower programs and train the retailers’ sales force
- Present a ROI approach at the farmgate through Sound distribution, ensuring that the customer and retail is knowledgeable about our products and benefits
- Create demand at the grower level through Sound distribution, ensuring that the customer is knowledgeable about our products
- Participate in trade shows, tours and product launches for Sound products within assigned territory
- Manage claims, operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within guidelines
- Build and maintain accurate sales forecasts across revenue, acreage and number of customers
- Log all inbound and outbound inquiries in Salesforce to ensure accurate reporting of volume and documentation of issues
- Help with Agronomy Support during planting and harvest seasons
Skills & Experience
- Track record of exceeding quota at top of sales leaderboard
- Passionate for Agriculture and understanding of the agriculture inputs market
- Ability to understand business financials and price/volume relationships
- Ability to build strong relationships in person, over the phone, and by video conferencing
- Comfort working with and selling to agriculture retailers and leading row crop growers
- Experience selling new product lines that create a new market, vs. established categories that are mostly stealing market share
- Strong working knowledge of Google Suite, Salesforce and/or other CRM systems. Experience in customer support increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- At least 5 years of Retail, B2B or Field Sales experience, including Account Management and direct agronomic experience
- Strong knowledge of agronomics, general cropping practices, agricultural technology and the trends and requirements for pest control
- Comfort in working in fast-paced, dynamic environment – Sound is a high-growth, VC-backed startup looking for folks who want to create the future of agriculture!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Marketing and Science
Sound is based in Emeryville, CA and Research Triangle Park, NC, with a number of employees working remotely. We have a mission driven culture and a fast-paced, collaborative work environment. We are looking for someone to join the team who will bring a passion for sustainability along with a deep expertise in the business of food and agriculture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
To apply for this position, please contact [email protected], attention: VP of Sales